Monday, February 13, 2006

Dairy dreams

Sometimes it's the little things, like my milk hose.
Since the dairy has ended, I have had a hard time getting the right milk hose for my little milking machine. The last 2 times I got hose it was way the wrong kind; too stiff and not transparent. Also, most importantly, not resiliant so that when it gets stretched out at the point it connects to the shells, it's constantly falling off.

Well thanks to Amy, she turned me on to the fact that the plumbing supply place in Fortuna carries the hose, so today I went and got some. It was even 1/2 the price of the dairy hose I was buying. This hose makes me so happy it's ridiculous.

There's been a little goat dairy sized tank sitting on a trailer at the Dan's ( the dairy place) and everytime I drive past it, I try to resist asking about it. I had a feeling it was the little tank I went up to Arcata to look at. So today, since I was in dairy mose, I stopped to ask about it. Dan was in a good mood, about to leave on a trip with TP ( my former partner) and was drinking beer,; so chatty.
The tank might be sold ( that's O K, and it was 2/3 the price the other guy had quoted me...)) and indeed it was the Arcata tank. We talked about tanks, dairys, and pumps. I asked about a larger pump that I could milk 2 or so does with as mine is too small for that, and he told me it would be no problem and almost the same price as the little pump I am using now. That was good news, and I will probably get the new pump this summer, so I told him.

George came in and was shocked to see me in there, as he knows how floody my place is. He told me I needed a place even lower so it flooded more to get that thought right out of my head. He is always asking me if I am getting back into it.

So I have the new headlocks, and a good lead on a bigger vacuum pump.
What am I thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home