Saturday, November 05, 2005

A new world

A new world

I want this journal to be different than my last at L J. Better, more interesting, new and improved.
So maybe I'll make my life new and improved; there's a goal.

In my new world I will move the furniture and clean the house. In it's new incarnation we seem to have more room and a usable dining room table. Well, at least for now, since I spent the day cleaning.

I think we might even be able to set up the "MEDIA CENTER" so my albums are accessable and not on the floor in a jumble. This will facilitate some sort of shelf/ cabinet/ organizational tool. Ted came home yesterday with a brainstorm to see about the shelves from the now defunct "Ferndale Books" which have been out on the sidewalk as they close their doors and liquidate. But when we got there, it was all shut down and closed; I imagine they had a November 1st deadline..

When I went to the post office on Thursday, Pam M., one of the mail ladies went on and on about what a wonderful child J ( our son) is. She was commenting on his performance at his job at our little grocery store. "Polite, attentive, he always remembers my name, what a pleasant boy for such a young age "( he's almost 18).
Our town is very small, 3 blocks of Main Street, but a busy one anyway. So everyone knows eeryone, certainly those that are in town much of the day.
It was nice to hear. When I told Josh, he seemed nonplussed "well, it's my JOB!" He is SO 18.

"Settled" is the word that is used to describe a doe that is bred. It is a good word, as the condition of a doe in the fall that is not bred is definitely UNsettled. She is in heat, along with all the others, every 21 or so days. This expresses itself in agitated behavior, crying, tail flagging and in general basic irritation. Now that most of the does are settled, things have definitely calmed down. I only have a few more does to breed, besides the 2005 kids, which will be bred well into January.

Last night's movie "The Trouble With Harry".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home