Sunday, December 04, 2005

christmas in California.

There's something just not right about mowing the lawn when it's cold enough to see your breath.
But, mow I did, as the grass was getting ridiculously long, and it was relatively dry enough. Chances were if I passed for too much longer, the grass would be really too long and it would've been a real pain especially with it being so wet.

Last night was K D's Christmas party, the invitation came with explicit instructions; what to bring according to the 1st letter of your last name, hat for pictures, ornament exchange directions; it was all so complicated.
But before we started on preparations more complications in the form of systems breaking down at the home place. First the water pump died ( a semi regular replacememt, over due, but still) then the washing machine, which had been making threatening noises for a week or more blew a gasket.
Fortunatelynit was T's day off so he could get the new pump and we went and found a new washing machine.

The party was fine, despite J's insistence on harassing me even before I left the house. Funny ha ha she called as I was running out the door already late and said the party had been cancelled.
After all the shit we had gone through with the party instructions I couldn't believe it.
Ha ha only kidding.

They only pick on me because the love me, right? Uh huh, that's not how my childhood went...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see you there! See and no one bit even. I loved when you said that party needed to come with an instruction sheet. I've been chuckling over that all day.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home