Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday

Sure enough we drove south to find the sun and for the first time in a week, the sun came out here at home. It seems the clouds followed us.
It was too chilly to swim, but we still had a nice afternoon lying on the creek beach and catching some sun. I got some good tannage. Yes, I loves me some tan.

I got a call from a local new goat person saying she had heard that I build stanchions ( well, I built one). Thanks for the tip A F. So this morning she's coming by to see what I built and see if that's what she wants. I just found out that she's been milking on the ground. A few years ago I spent about 3 hours building a wooden stanchion that I still have; maybe I'll lend that to her as I'm not using it, until I can get hers built. That's crazy to milk 2x a day on the ground. A milking stanchion is not a complex piece of apparatus to build.

And yes the sun is out here today, although I can see it's still foggy a bit towards the valley. Imight get some home tannage.
I have to get my lawnmower running. For the first time evah the other day it wouldn't start . I have pulled the spark plug and I'll try a new one. I have never put in a new spark plug, so it's a good possibility. I definitely need to mow.

No other plans for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home