Thursday, July 27, 2006

Plan B

So I'm starting to work on the home place, maybe in preparations for the strong possibility that I lose the ranch that I lease.

I moved a few little Boer X Kiko kids over here and stuck them in a little place that was fenced off years ago when Hoppers had her goats here.
I had checked the water system a week or so ago, but today I did a more thorough assessment and some work. We did a pretty good job on the tiny water system when we put it in, it just needed a bit of a flush and I had water running. The spring needs to be cleaned out, and I think I'll do an upgrade with a basin with a screen, but other than that it's pretty good. The little goats have water for now.

I got the weedeater running, and with fresh string and I've been doing yard work. I cleaned along the fence and gate field where the little goats went, and then I worked on the house yard. I even now have the sprinkler running, and maybe I have caught it in time and I can save the grass from dying completely.

I have a good idea how to make this place work for a small herd of goats. I need to build a little barn, and we definitely need a garage/ shop area here near the house.

I was pretty thrilled about the water, though. That's something that you really can't build, you have to find, then improve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home