Saturday, November 19, 2005

Cart and Cash and Carter

Today is another beautiful clear sunny day, it's been almost a week of this. This is the fantastic weather we usually get in October, I figure.

After taping and painting the wooden parts for my new Garden Cart I spent yesterday afternoon putting it all together. It had come in a one thin coat of khaki army green, so I painted the wood a thick semi gloss Rustoleum black, to go with my herd colors of black and blue.
I think it came out awesomely good; the black looks great contrasting with the unpainted aluminum flashing trim, and the steel for the cart is also a thick black. Now to put it away carefully so it will be nice for show season in 6 months...

Last night we went to see "Walk The Line".
I had heard a lot of reviews, and they were all ridiculously good reviews. Mostly they were about Joaquin Phoenix's performance. How he had become Johnny Cash. I couldn't imagine it; I mean he doesn't look like Cash, and I don't really even like Phoenix.
But damn, it was true. He made himself to look like Johnny Cash. It is an amazing transformation, it chilled me. His performance was amazing.
Even Reese Witherspoon was almost June Carter, if you can even imagine that.

The movie was long, it dragged in a few places, but it was good. Very good. However, Cash comes out like a weenie. A spineless drip of a man. I didn't like seeing that.

I still like his music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home