Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Golden State

I have all sorts of pictures and videos from today, but my camera is in the car so those will come later.
The Steinbeck Center was really great; I learned a lot, found out all sorts of things he wrote I didn't even know about. Movie screenplays, non fiction, etc.
The stuff on Salinas makes me cry. Why is that? Just typing Salinas valley makes me well up.

We drove over the hill to Carmel-By-The-Sea and walked on the beach in bare feet,in the hot summer like weather. Sea glass and shells, cottages and galleries. It's a beautiful area, the town is gorgeous. I will be buying more lottery tickets to increase my chances of ever living there. Really. I'm not kidding.

We drove to Monterey and went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Sharks and jelly fish and otters and penguins. I mostly enjoyed the schools of sardines and anchovies.

We drove up Highway 1 into San Francisco and here we are now.

California is really something. Living in our little hole I forget how wonderful and beautiful the state really is.

Tomorrow the vacation ends and we drive back into the cave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home