Thursday, March 30, 2006

Only Partly Cloudy

There was this one wierd moment on Tuesday when it was absolutely POURING rain and I and all the C/S's (3) were in the Old Grade B barn all crammed close together near the window for some light, trying to hold a 1 month old kid tight and still enough in my arms so R could draw some blood.

Other than that, a mostly uneventful few days. Annie had 2 beautiful doe kids which just made my day/ week/ month.
J came down yesterday with M and S ( who was sick and only woke once with pathetic cries and whimpers) and brought a few more weanlings, who promptly walked right through one of my gates...

Last evening the sun managed to come out and it was a beautiful sunset, complete with rainbow.


I cleaned out another pen and organized the kid part of the barn a bit, and managed to rake and sweep some of the yard.
Target had kicket the bucket over during milking yesterday morning, so I took advantage and washed out the milk room and scrubbed my milk stand.
I moved the Kiko kids outside into a pen and moved the buck kids into their pen. As soon as their previous pen has dried I'll move the first kids still in the big box out into a pen.

Last month I went to the Salvation Army only to find that they were closing. That was quite a blow as it's one of my favorite things to do, browse the only thrift store in town.
Then I found out that the local Animal Rescue was taking it over, that it wasn't really closing at all.
I went in last week and found a little coffee table thing that was perfect for mosaic-ing. Now I have to design it and get the tile. My first project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home