Sunday, July 30, 2006

It's another beautiful day at Long Lake

I can't remember a summer like this in Ferndale. We had summers like this in Bear River when we first moved out there.Sunny clear and warm day after day.

FRiday's milk test went fine; I definitely am milking way too many does. Good thing I pretty much have a few of them sold.

After the aborted attempt to keep the goats in the field here at home ( they came down the road just as I was leaving for evening milking, so back to the ranch they went) I am working on putting a hot wire inside the fence to keep them in.
This involves a battery charger as there is no power up the road there.
My nice battery charger was underwater for a good portion of last winter, and I didn't have much hope for it. Ted took it apart and it looked pretty bad in there. R & S said they can fix them, but if there's any corrosion in there ( oops) that it's pretty much a lost cause.
So I got a present; Just what I wanted! A new battery charger.
Now I have to weedeat all the way around the inside of the fence line where the dry grass is up to my waist.
So I managed to get probably 1/2 of the fenceline cleaned off as well as a nice portion of our yard done. I ran the sprinkler for a few days and it looks pretty nice out there by the spring.
Now I have to do the steep part of the fenceline and then run wire and a few fence patches and set up the charger and try again with the goats.

At Friday night's milk test I was absolutely exhausted and I couldn't figure out why, until I remembered the weedeating I did. D'oh.

Yesterday I was feeling mighty Logey and I definitely was not up for going to the Crabs game that Ted had tickets for. But he got me up and out and by the 3rd inning I was having a pretty nice time. It was a beautiful evening for a ball game, almost 500 in attendance (Woot!!)and the Crabs won, so it ended up quite nicely. We had a great dinner at the Plaza Grill, finally, after the disaster that was our Friday lunch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home