Monday, December 12, 2005

First you take 5 dogs to the vet all at once. Then you get a root canal.

You just haven't lived until you take entire pack of hyperactive dogs (3 Border Collies, 2 Schipperkes) to the vet all at once for their shots.
It didn't help that they forgot about me with the first 2 in the exam room. Outside dogs as the Border Collies are, they were fun to be locked in a 10 X 10 ft room with them waiting and waiting. Eventually I stuck my head out and yelled "HEY have you guys forgotten about me?" Yes, they had. I think my vet figures I'm on the "help myself" plan, which I pretty much am with anything but Rabies vaccines. They had thought I was done.

Then, since they had misinformed me that Brownie was up to date , I went home and got her. I have to complain about the new technician there; first he pokes her and declares the needle is too dull and he puts on a fresh one. He pokes her again and pulls out the needle before all is in her, leaving rabies vaccine all over her fur, which he wipes with HIS HAND??? I make sure that she should have a full shot so he gets yet ANOTHER one and pokes her again. And I don't touch the wet fur.
Yeah, Brownie was NOT impressed. Pobrecita.

For yet even more fun in my day, I have a dentist appointment this afternoon, and I think I am getting a cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home