Thursday, December 29, 2005

It is what it is.

It's bad. Nothing dead, yet, but it's bad at the ranch.
But, why complain? I mean, it is what it is.

I had all sorts of adventures yesterday. Maybe I'll write about trying to swim the sheep and the new lambs across the water from the island where they had stranded themselves, to the last piece of "dry" pasture. Of the ewe that wanted to lamb in the middle of it all.

Or about walking through water over my boots all the way to the barns and back.(1/4 mile)
My silly doeling ( Now named Esther Williams) wanting to follow me, even though it meant leaving the relative dryness of the barn through belly deep. Over and over.

My horse trucking through the water...why? even though he has a high spot with hay on it.

But, it is what it is. The river is receding but it has a long ways to go. More rain coming in.
If I can get my truck to the barns today, I am hauling everyone to the fairgrounds to ride it out there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fairgrounds= Good idea!

Sheep= not the brightest of creatures are they?

Try to stay warm (I'd say dry, but umm, that's a little impossible).. let us know if you need help. I'll bring the truck and trailer if you need.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home