Saturday, December 24, 2005

God Bless Us, Everyone!

"You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!"

Last night was my first "A Christmas Carol" of the year. I passed on watching one on Thanksgiving as I felt that was way too early.

Last night was the 1938 version.
Not bad, although a little short (1 hr 15 minutes), and I noticed some of the parts/ lines that were missing.
I did like Marleys accoutrements, ans Scrooge was almost cartoon like with a silly tuft of white hair right on the top of his head.
The Ghost of Christmas present was a little goofy for my tastes, almost creepy.
I think they skipped the whole part about why Scrooge was so miserable; I think that's a pretty important part.

I hope to get a few more versions under my belt before the holiday is all said and done

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home