Saturday, January 28, 2006

It was twenty years ago today.

1986
I was living in this

house in Eureka.
I was picking Daffodils for a living, working for Sun Valley. Some of the fields we picked in just rolled straight onto the ocean beach. It was a nice view to work in.

January 28th I was home; the weather was even too icky to pick daffodils with. We got to take home any of the "over ripe" blossoms so my apartment was filled with yellow daffodils.

I had met Ted, but just briefly and I don't think I knew his name.

I was just reminded that Richard Feynman figures prominantly in the subsequent inquiry into the crash.
I love Richard Feynman. I love the story of the throat singers of Tuva.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tuva or Bust!!!!!
As one who remembers those moldy oldy days in Eureka Town...and your apartment once inhabited by Frannie Farmer in her post lobotomy days...
Just stumbled upon your blog and this stroll down memory lane.
See, I remember too those early days of your courtship with Ted..what fun.

Mari and Tyler...yes..that mari.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home