Friday, January 27, 2006

Oxidation

It is taking me a few days to digest the whole trip we just finished.

I did manage to start uploading some of the videos to Vimeo, but I have nore and about a hundred photos.

The weather since we have been back has been the cold wet muck. I didn't miss that one bit. I think back on the warm soft air of Salinas and Carmel. It was like the skate I petted at the Monterey Bay Aquarium; Surprisingly soft, like deep velvet.
That fish was so soft.

On more home- not away- notes, my does are just entering kidding season, with twins being born while I was gone. I now have 3 does in the kidding pen with baby goats pretty imminent. Fortunately I get about a week to 10 days break after these are done. Well there is one due on the 7th, so I am just deluding myself.

Pat is back from the hospital, but she is not the same. Getting old sucks. She has someone there in the morning, then another person comes at night. She needs help doing everything, and yesterday she called the water company to have the water shut off because the bill was too high ( I pay the water bill..). Fortunately I was there when the guy came to shut it off and explained things to him. He was nice enough.
It's a bit scary as she is not really being sensible.

Today Ted took me to Eureka Oxygen for a shopping spree, and I got everything I needed to get welding. So this afternoon I put my new wire in the welder and took it to the ranch. And I welded! The welder is easy, I'll have the hang of nicer welds with a bit more practice, but I got it right away. I'm going to start on my first project tomorrow; a Lambar ( baby goat feeder) holder.

I am fantasizing about those sweet houses in Carmel. And the clear warm water of the bay there. It was better than having gone to Hawaii.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home