Sunday, January 08, 2006

Now for the good news

Yesterday, I think, could be considered a win.

Take that, you destruction g-ds.

In the rain, Ted was up on the aluminum ladder stringing me a new lifeline. He spent hours hooking my barn up to the force that makes my lights turn on, my milking machine run, and THE RADIO!!! I missed the radio so much.

And, maybe someday, my welder.

He so rocks my world. He did it all just for me.

The entropy force finally gave up for a while and it let us have an afternoon of sunshine, because we are too strong for their powers today.

I spent that time with pitchfork and wheelbarrow, cleaning out all the wet bedding and finding the floor of my barn.
I found the difference in scale encouraging, between having 150 goats in a barn in a flood, and 20 goats in a barn in a flood.And, a barn that had been cleaned out not all that long ago, a plus too.
I surprised myself and actually cleaned 2/3 of the most disgusting soppy wet stuff.
After letting it air dry somewhat, I also found that the top of my pile of shavings is actually dry, and I spread fresh clean shavings for their dainty selves, the delicate flowers that they are.

In the sun in the afternoon, 2 ewes lambed as well. Another "ebony and ivory" set of twins. one black and one white, and a single white one.

After almost 2 weeks of this, it was time for one tiny step forward.

We are so strong that the sun is out again today.
RAWR!!!!

Creates and destroys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home