Friday, February 17, 2006

Farming is fun

The sun is still out everyday.
Yesterday I started to re build the sheds and feeder that were destroyed in the New Years Day windstorm. It was a project building them the first time, a real annoying chore and a waste of a good sunny day to have to do it all a second time.
But now, I have most of the feeder fixed, and today I put 12 wheelbarrowfuls of shavings into one of the pens to make a nice mound out of any mud that is/ will be.

I also ran a line of barbed wire across the fence where my colt has been reaching across and nibbling the grass trashing the fence. He was watching me do it; I felt like I was ruining his fun. Like the scene in "To Kill A Mockingbird" when Mr. Radley is filling up the knothole that Boo has left the children gifts in, while they are watching.

I gathered up the sheep and vaccinated the lambs, then turned them out in the tall grass behind Pat's house. No one has been at Pat's house since last Thursday. It is so strange that she is gone now. She was always there, now she's gone forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home