Thursday, April 27, 2006

Uncle Tony

After Pat died, I met Tony Zanone, Joe's uncle, and I wrote about it here.

He was going to be in charge of the two rental houses on the ranch. He came and fixed a few things, came and mowed the lawn and had all sorts of plans for the ranch. I was going to get a new roof on my poor pathetic old barn.

Well I hadn't now seen him in a few weeks, after he had been coming every Sunday. I ended up mowing the whole lawn last week, I was sure he'd show up to re mow it. He was that way, "meticulous" said Sharon.

After Pat dying, I knew things would change for me on my little ranch. It's been so quiet, Tony threw the renter out of the little house and he was going to fix it up nice.
There's no one there now but me. There's only one occupied house between me and the ocean. At night there's no lights, no cars, just me and the goats.

Today Sharon called to inform me that Uncle Tony had passed away. He was only 57.
So now what?

I am so shocked. It's almost too much now.

Anthony E. Zanone

Anthony E. Zanone of Arcata, a descendant of the Humboldt County pioneer Zanone family, died suddenly on April 15th at age 57 of complications from heart disease. Tony, as Mr. Zanone was known, was a graduate of Assumption Elementary School in Ferndale, St. Bernard’s High School in Eureka, and the University of San Francisco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home