Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Antique Tractor Restoration

O K well it's hardly an antique (late 70's I H 584), and the restoration only goes to restore it to running condition, but it is on it's way.
After getting it running back in February, it has sat on the cement for the past 2 months in more rain and the starter was all gunked up. T took the whole thing apart (twice) down to the solanoid. I only know it has a solanoid because he showed it to me. I am mostly ignorant of the working of engines and mechanical stuff.
I desperately need that big strong thing to get things in order now, as the weeds and winter mess need to cleaned asap.

Last night I got my shop area and milk room all tidied up, down to sweeping almost the whole part of the barn. My steel will come in tomorrow and I'd love to finish up that feeder project and move it out. I have a wooden feeder that just needs a piece of plywood cut to fit, but I couldn't find a good blade for my saw, so I'll get one this morning and get that done.
The little gate is next in line..I need to figure out my hinge design.

I cleaned out pens and finally moved the big buck kids out. The shed that had been blown all apart, and all over the ranch in the 1/1/06 windstorm finally got put back together. I hadn't worked on it because of the usual mental block. I couldn't decide how to do it, should I screw it together rather than nail, could I do it while the parts still had the tin on...etc.
Of course, as it usually goes, the thing went right back together with just a little hammering and a few new nails. I could have done that months ago. I do want to screw it together to prevent this from happening again. Maybe even put some angle bracing in there.
I also disbudded the smallest kids.
Usually ranch love like this precedes some disaster...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home