Monday, March 13, 2006

I'll always remember the sunny Sunday..

The sun came out and yesterday was a very good day.
I spent almost all day at the ranch, other than a quick trip to Fortuna for banking and a disgusting 1.00 BK mustard and ketchup burger. I won't do that again.

In the morning I had talked to Pat's daughter who was still moving Pats things out of the house. She told me that M in the little rental hadn't paid the rent for onths and what should be done. I called S and left a message, also asking about fixing a water leak I had in the steel pipe.

When I got back from Fortuna, there was a pickup in the driveway at the ranch, and I met J's uncle T Z. He had already talked to M about moving out ("So, M, what's your plan" he asked him).
For some reason, after talking to him for a while, I asked him if he would look at my leak. Oddly enough he had already fixed it, without having talked to S who I left the message with! O K this guy might get things done/ fixed. He gave me tips on fixing stuff and stories galore. Just what I need over there, someone who will be willing to get things done!

For the first time in weeks the water was low enough and all the goats were out of the barn. J's yearlings were grazing and the milkers were out in the paddock. Finally.



With the yearlings out of the barn, I cleaned the cement yard in front of their pen. I can still get this done the way I did before the tractor; pitchfork and wheelbarrow.

I came home in the evening and watched a lovely movie "Walking and Talking" in IFC.

Today rain is back in the forecast. What I should really do is climb up on the high barn and put a tarp over the holes in the roof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home