Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The sun has been out for a few days now, so I am taking the opportunity to get these bucks that are going to the show bathed.
I even got propane so they are being bathed in luxury in warm water.
Yesterday I did Uriah Heep and today I did Winfield and I trimmed Westsides feet. They all get a light trim clip just to neaten them up a bit.

Here's Winfield after his bath, standing in the sun to dry.



This morning I gathered up the sheep and p[icked out 3 ewes to cull for a bit of cash.
I also got bands on the new lambs and the last set of lambs born in the flood who I hadn't gotten to. The older lambs were both ewes (one black, one white) the new ones are both bucks, both black.

I dropped the ewes at the auction and watched the sale for a bit. My ewes got crap, and I saw a lot of Beck's cows going through as pairs, which I thought was a bit odd.

T came to the ranch with me tonight to get the routine as he will be doing chores Friday night and Saturday morning while I am in Oregon for the buck show.
J brought me a pen of doe kids today for me to feed my extra milk to. They all drank from the bucket tonight so that was a good transition.

In the morning I have a meat buyer coming; hopefully I'll get more than I got for those ewes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home