Thursday, June 08, 2006

goats...WHAT?

I got off of the tractor at about 4:15, in plenty of time to watch the ball game. Anyway, 2 hours is getting to be enough time. If I was making better progress it would be one thing, but this field is soo thick that Low/ 3rd is the best I can manage.
Even with that, I have to stop a few times each round to get off the wad of grass that wraps itself around the PTO shaft.

So then I find that the game has been postponed due to rain..

so I napped

I didn't leave for evening chores until almost 10, and then I decided to do the trim clipping on the milkers still to be done. I managed all 5 of them interspersed with milking, and I didn't get home until 12:30.

Today I HAVE to get the rest body clipped and my yearling Alpine buck completely done. I wish the weather would cooperate; it's been dark and dank all week, not conducive to giving ruminants baths.

I might be getting another goat back. A milker I sold a year or so ago is not working out for the neck tattooed people. I told her I would take the doe back, but I hope she isn't expecting me to pay for her. I sold a lovely milking 3 year old, and I'm getting back a dry 3 year old in who knows what kind of shape.
She might bring her over today.
Yep, she just called and they're bringing the doe.

And I think I might bring Kia back from the dairy. I don't think the dairy situation is working out for her. And when I saw her I called her name and she gave me the sweetest "HEY!!" face..she's a sweet girl.

OH OH I think I see sun!!Yes I see blue sky!!!

o k gotta go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home