Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mowing, clipping, shaving..snip snip

I'd been thinking that I would change banks for some time now. Mostly for convenience as the bank I have now is in Fortuna, about 10 miles away, but also since my bank was sold to an out of the area company, it hasn't been the same.
I used to really like my bank, but the change was obvious.
But I still have all these checks! ( but the old account was a business account for the dairy)
Last Friday my debit card was denied for a 10.00 charge. Ididn't think I had run the account that far down ( I suck at bookkeeping) but there it was. After a deposit I was still having no luck running a charge.
Maybe the weekend, etc.
Today my account seemed fine, so I called the bak to ask wassup?
On hold for a long time, they come back and tell me that for absolutely no reason out of the blue my available credit was set at "0".
She reset my limit, but I was WTF? Just for no reason...what a pain.

Today I will open a new account here in town a,d do all the crap that that involves, transferring all my banking.

Yesterday I was pretty sad about Quigley. I know it was all for the best. He'll be a real horse now, and someone will be riding him in no time. I was not doing him justice. But still, I mean, I pulled him out of his mother and wiped his baby horse nose when he was born.
So I went to J and clipped my doe Nibbles who is there being milked, and I clipped one for J too.
Afterwards I went to Westhaven to pick up 3 free goats. I wasn't sure what to expect; the family was moving and couldn't take the goats. They were dry 3 year olds, which in my mind didn't bode well.
I was thrilled to see they were ingreat shape; if anything a little TOO well conditioned, as one saanen cross is pushing 200 lbs or more.
Onr of the does is a great granddaughter of my very first good doe, Binkner. It's great to get a bit of her back in the herd.

So Quigley has gone to be a cowboys partner, and I have a few more mouths to feed.
Oh and they threw in most of a bale of alfalfa.

Weight wise I am a bit lighter as Quigley was certainly 1500 lbs.

When I woke up this morning I was really relieved to find that I hadn't ruined the tractor and mower by driving it around inside the house.
I am mowing this afternoon; 2 hours by the fairgrounds.
It's a pretty dark dank day so I might not clip, but maybe I'll trim a few of the little does.

I clipped 3 yesterday, having clipped my yearling buck Uriah Heep before the trailer came for Quigley. 3 is pretty much my limit, although I definitely was in the zone.
That explains continuing on to give Josh a haircut last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home