Friday, June 02, 2006

Like water for neighbors

I ran into some old friends in town today. I got to see the whole family. I've known the couple since before they really were a couple, actually since the guy had the previous girlfriend.
Their oldest son is now 9 (I think) or so and I was at the hospital the night he was born. Me and grandma Oma were hanging out.
And it is timely as we often went swimming together. I asked about swimming in their river. She suggested a trip to the Van Duzen which is what I was thinking of doing at a few points this summer.
So maybe I'll get to go swimming a few times this summer.

I love to swim in the ocean, but our ocean is too cold.
I like to swim in outdoor pools, but there aren't any here.
I like to swim in Lakes and streams, and that's what I get.

So it took me 2 hours to mow Pat's yard and my front yard today. The lawn was very long. I didn't completely get the side yard by the pens. It might be approaching weedeater levels.
Two hours and 2 tankfuls of gas.

When I was getting hay this afternoon, I managed to spill the small lawn mower gas tank on the money I was spending. When I pointed it out to AT as I handed them to him, he put the ills to his nose, and thanked me.
He likes the smell of gas. I do too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home