Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sunny Wednesday

I stopped at the ironworks in Fortuna today to get one last piece of bar for the stanchion. I had made a feeder bar for it, but I just wasn't satisfied how it came out so I wanted to re do it.
By the door into the office is a pile of small pieces of steel, also some standing in a rack, I figured leftover pieces from their fabrication. I had wondered if maybe the stuff was for sale, and I asked if I could dig around in there. Sure enough that was what it was there for! What a gold mine! Many times the cut fee for what I have needed was the same as if not more than the cost of the steel, so this is a great way to avoid that! And sure enough I found exactly what I needed in there.

Back at the ranch I get right to building the feeder bar and it went just great. I was done in no time and that's the end of the fabrication of the thing. All that's left is the paint job, and I already have one coat on. It's almost time to move it out and deliver it.

The thing in my mouth/ face that has been giving me such troubles finally hit the climax today. It came to a head and opened up ( is this too gross? it is too wonderful for me) and I feel about 10 lbs lighter. I think maybe I don't have head cancer and I'll soon be done with this malady. It feels so much better and I really believe that I will get over it soon; in time for my dentists appointment next Tuesday.

Someone hacked the Yankees website yesterday and made it look like they were 10 games behind the Red Sox in the standings ( they're only 1 1/2 games back).
Tomorrow the game will be on ESPN, the first one I'll get to see in a week or so.

And the clipper blade guy in Campton Heights is a blade sharpening angel. Cheap fast and good. I took him some more today when I picked my others up.
It's deadline time on Friday for the County Fair entries. So I'll spend much of tomorrow working on that. I also have to go through my fleeces and see what I am doing there.
So far I have 27 animals entered. It's a good thing I have sharpened those blades as I need to get to work on clipping.
O K I just checked the calendar; 3 weeks from tomorrow is the first day of the fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home