Tuesday, August 08, 2006

110th Humboldt County Fair

The headache is still with me, but it is finally fading into the background of my head.
I didn't wake during the night and need to dose myself some more. I wish I knew what the problem was, but I suspect sinus. We've had a slight change in the weather, and even had a 20% chance of rain in the past few days ( it actually did rain north of here)

I did wake once in the night hearing the T V which was still on. The announcement of the closing of the Oil pipeline at Prudhoe Bay. I would love to see a light rail line running on our abandoned tracks from here to McKinleyville. I mean, why not?
The past few days we have gone into stores that seem like Russia, in that the shelves were almost empty and there was hardly any product. That, and the tightening laws rules and population in prison are also reminiscent of Russia. Maybe it's because I am reading Sholem Aleichem, but I can see myself making the trip I took yesterday on the, hauling goats back from Arcata on the train!
It's a good time to be building my little car. Oh, and I saw that J has a rototiller, so I can borrow hers, and thus no guilt about tearing mine apart..

I felt well enough last night to start working on my show blankets, and even a gift or 2. I also got another batch of cheese done, but I left milk at the ranch..I have plenty however. My cream skimming is going well, and I have lots in the freezer to play with.
Tomorrow the cheese and my fleeces are due at the fairgrounds.
And I can start moving goat stuff too.
Fair opens Thursday at 11 AM.

I might get a few more goats clipped today. I definitely have goats that need tattoos. I cleaned and organized my tattoo kit last night. This will be the first fair that I have permanent registrations for every goat I entered..!

Do they show hamsters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home