Saturday, August 05, 2006

Best yard sale score evah


That was exactly the garage sale I am always hoping for.
An estate sale,which usually means whatever is left after the family has picked over everything. They are usually pretty poor. And lots of geriatric aids..
But then there are the estate sales where there was an old man, best if it was an old farmer with a garage full of all sorts of stuff, so much that even after the family has picked over, there's still lots and lots of goodies.
And even better when they just want to get rid of the stuff so it's all really really cheap, just get it out of here.

So I'm digging around in the garage with all the other middle aged guys, and it's a real feeding frenzy as the sale started at 10, and it was 10:01.
I'm looking for a little engine to start my little car project ( I sent away for plans yesterday).
Right in the front of the garage are a rototiller ( with a 8 HP Briggs & Stratton engine..exactly what I want) a lawnmower ( with a 5 HP engine and a side bag, BTW, something else I have been wanting...mmm mowing) but I assumed they were more money than I had or was willing to spend for salvaging.
More digging and I find 2 little engines in the back, 5.00 each! I grab em. I can at least take them apart so I can figure out just how the dang things work in my engine education class.
More digging, so many tools, but what do I need? I grab a flat head screwdriver which I know I am short, and I see 2 balling guns, large and small, which I am also needing ( where are mine??)

There's a home made stainless steel sink...must...re..sist...
And what the heck is that? A home made air compressor, didn't I just say I wanted one of those for painting and...?

So I have the guns and the screwdriver, and after the long wait on line to check out( everyone got there at 10, so we all headed to the check out at the same time) I ask, just curious, how much for the rototiller?
10.00
???
And 10.00 for the lawnmower. They both work.
ACK !!
Oh yeah, they're mine.
I have to get the little trailer from the ranch for the rototiller.

Now, the dilemma, how can I justify dissecting a perfectly good rototiller? Wouldn't it be more use to me? I certainly will use it before I take it apart, if I even do.

And I'm still thinking about that air compressor..(20.00)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home