Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hmmm...

Where do I begin? Not that there's much to tell.
I'm on the downside of the first part of the fair. Today is an easy day and this afternoon I bring all the goats back from the fairgrounds. Except for the ones that J is taking. That would be practically all of the Lamanchas. Yep, I'm going to do it, sell all of the Lamanchas.
Not that I needed convincing, but the one Champion I did receive was on an Alpine. Finally, after 2 long long days of showing, little What's For Dinner beat the competition ( and I don't think it was a small group) and brought home the big ribbon.
And thanks to my friends for the cheer that rose from the arena!
I love you guys.

Cohyn was a phenomenal help. He would ask to do things I hadn't even thought needed to be done yet. He was cheerful and pleasant and never argued ( what's with a kid that doesn't argue?) And he sure does love cotton candy! I can say enough about how much of a help he was to me, and how thankful I am for that. He would be one reason that I might not be completely done with goat shows. If he were interested in showing and breeding, I would certainly be thrilled to help him do that.

I managed to avoid any social confrontations, unease, stress, and that is good. I often have mental struggles at shows, mostly about social interactions . but this time I was very calm and unconcerned. It was a good place to be. I seem to have had a clear vision of the dynamics and how to avoid getting caught up in that crap. That was a real revelation, and a good one. I am not nor will I ever be a people person, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I think this past week's little drama has shed a lot of light on what I thought I was missing. I ain't missing anything worth worrying about.
I've had a few opportunities in the past week ot 2 to observe some interesting social dynamic. For some reason lately I am clearer in identifying when something odd is going on, and I step back and just watch. I think I have grown from where that kid on the playground wanting to be involved, and I can stand outside and see it. It's been really really odd and fascinating. Body language and stuff, too.

Some past due bills also were paid so I have some money finally. Plus, with the sale of these goats, I should be in good shape for a while. My stanchion was up and being used and everyone was happy with it. And it's so red ( the buyers choice) that it's quite visible! I also sold a straw of semen that I had purchased years ago, and I got 3X what I paid for it...

So today, after I do all my chores, at 11:00 I am in the speed spinning contest! Completely a change from the part of the fair I have been in for the past 4 days. I did see that one of my skeins of yarn got a blue ribbon! I need to card some wool and give Ol Louet a quick tune up. Back before the goats, I won the speed spinning 6 years in a row, and then I retired. We'll see if I've still got it.

Oh, and Cohyn loves to talk to the people. The people who come to the fair and walk by the goats and ask questions and point. He loves being on display! (do you think I enjoy that part ? *shudders*) Our favorites yesterday were an itinerant rock group, a girl and 2 guys. One guy had the video recorder, another sported a pink bandana and pink shorts. I wshould have gotten their picture. They were fascinated by Cohyn milking, and they went so far ( I've only had this happen a very few times in the years I have been showing) as to ask to drink some of the fresh-right-out-of-the-goat milk. They did leave all of us CD's.

edit*
Hey, I just checked out their website..they're not bad!
Sacred Dice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home