Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Rain coming in.

Maybe it's the impending chance of rain, or maybe it was the last day of October, but I sure got a lot done yesterday. And, I still managed to catch a nap.

Even more new lambs; my 3rd set of one black and one white twins. Like Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. I now have 7 new lambs. Cha ching.

In the morning I got some gas for the lawnmower and I mowed my side of the driveway. I also moved the blown off roof section farther out of the way as Gerry kinda drove over it on Sunday, and besides,it was totally in the way.

I also completely finished the stanchion and got the first coast of primer on it. I still need to build the a i rails, but they should be a breeze; nothing fancy or complicated. It came out very well, I am quite pleased.

In the afternoon I finished cleaning off the cement yard. That means moving the whole pile of manure and pen cleanings that had piled up from last winter. I did split that up, having gotten half of it cleared on Monday.
The yard is so clean now, even raked and some swept. That would have been a lot harder ( and heavier) after the rain would have gotten it all wet.
I think I'll move back towards the grade B barn, where I have been piling stuff and straighten and clean that all off.

Back home I made an apple tart and spun some of the blue roving I got at the Fiber Fair, then I started knitting myself a blue hat. I knitted a few more rows on the sweater too.

Today I have someone coming to look at the wethers I have for sale; an ad I placed came out yesterday.
I'll get to work on the AI rails, maybe move the lawnmowers into the barn and move the last few bales of hay so they don't get wet.
It looks like we're going to finally get some rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home