Tuesday, October 31, 2006

23 earthquakes since Sunday night. They were all very very small, and I haven't felt most of them, but they are coming from an unusual area not prone to earthquakes and that's a hella lot of earthquakes. WTF?

On Sunday I had the neighbor kid come with his little JD 4WD bucket tractor to bring some gravel from our pit, around to the driveway, and fill in some holes. He also brought some to where I have a gate going into a little field where I can move some of the goats. That went very well and it only ended up taking an hour. Now the driveway is much smoother, and there's a little driveway into my pasture. Improvements.

I sold a pair of wethers to a gal in Eureka and she just called for more goaty information. She seems reasonable ( she has horses) and I think she and the 2 lil' dudes ( now named Chevy and Elvis)will be fine. There's just a period of adjustment, like bringing home a new puppy.

Gerry came by and filled my semen tank, and he's always full of gossip and information. There's a man who is happy in his work.

Long lost J and M came yesterday and switched out some of their does. They took about 20 and left about 15. She also took a buckling of hers that I raised, and 2 does that I had here getting bred. Also that damned horned LM cross doeling that I couldn't keep in any pen on the place. No, I don't miss her now.

There's rain in the forecast so I should mow what lawn there is today before it gets too wet, and starts to grow again.
No word on ranch evacuation, I'm going to try to tidy things up some, the rain makes it harder to keep things clean, and maybe I can convince the new owners to let me stay.

I've been contemplating what makes people lie, or disillusioned about their lives.
I think it all comes down to something which when I realize it, makes me sad, even towards those that I dislike; if you lie, then you must find the truth inadequate in your own eyes.
I feel sorry for those that need to lie or embellish. Why not be satisfied with your life? And if not, why not change it so you are proud?
I don't understand this way of being.
And what are those that are lying trying create to those that they tell the lies to?
An alter ego? A part being played?
This will take some contemplation, as I don't get it at all.
And I don't think that deep down they really believe the lies. If they do, then that's a whole other problem, one of mental instability, which I suppose is also possible. But from what is that generated?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home