Monday, November 27, 2006

Rain. Not rain. Rain. Not rain.

We seem to be in a regular winter cycle of a day or 2 of rain and then one day of sun. That's all fine, and it actually looks like most of this week will be un rainy, which would be welcome.
Things are pretty soggy now, but it's par for the season, with little sun and lots of wetness.

Yesterday Josh and I doodled around Eureka in the rain, he drove the whole time. Mostly without incident, except when he almost went the wrong way up 1 way Henderson.

I got the packing stuff I need to pack up the milk stand to send it to Idaho. I also got seat covers for my disgusting cloth car seats that I just couldn't stand looking at/ sitting on anymore.

Today I have to go back up there and pick up my steel. I actually started the next stand yesterday with some leftover 1 X 1" square tubing. It's a dream working on the new table, projects will be so much easier now.

Someone is coming ( or so they said last night) to see about the kittens today. I have had the ad on Craigslist, and had about 5 or so calls, but no one has come. They are getting pretty big now.
One is a sweet purr bear and should go to a nicer home than my barn

It was a good thing I did go to the ranch on Saturday afternoon. I have pretty much been doing all chores by noon or so, but I went back to work on the table, and found my big Alpine buck had worked a hole in the gate and got in with J's weanlings. It makes me wonder what else goes on that I never know about. Anyway, there were 3 doelings in heat, so I'll see if the cycle again or the Lutalyse it is for them as they are way too small to be bred. Good thing I saw all of that. And I fixed the gate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home