Friday, November 24, 2006

Not raining

On Wednesday I had all planned out a trip to Eureka to get my steel a,d run all sorts of errands.
But by mid afternoon the weather was so horrible that the thought of driving in it, plus the idea of frantic people searching for that last bag of tiny marshmallows put me off and I canned the whole trip.

I dumped almost 3" out of the rain gauge yesterday.

Before dinner yesterday I got all the pieces of my welding table base cut and cleaned up. I will leave the bottoms open and in the future I'll insert extensions so I can raise and lower it, and put some wheels on. But for now, I just want to get it done so my projects will be so much easier and easier on the back.

I managed to catch the break in the rain and started working on my meat goats feet, but I didn't catch a good enough break. By the time I got to the 3 foot on the 1st doe, it was raining again, and we both got wet. I moved inside to do the other doe.

Chores are down to a breeze now. I only have 3 pens; milkers and bred does, mediums ( weaned does), and bucks and wethers. Unbelievable. It's a total ranch vacation.

Next on the agenda I need to get the sheep in. Those lambs aren't getting any smaller and they need their tails off. The sheep have been living way off at the back of the hay field and I haven't seen them upclose in a week. I might even have lambs I don't know about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home