Monday, December 19, 2005

How does Margaret always step on that board?

And yet it is still raining.
We have gotten an inch of rain already today since midnight.
I don't think I am going to catch a break today. Soon I am going to have to go out to do my chores and get wet.

The river is predicted to hit flood stage tomorrow morning. 20 ft. Probably around high tide.(monitor stage 14 ft, flood stage 20 ft)



Yesterday I spent the day cutting up books and reading "In Watermelon Sugar".
It was a good way to spend a rainy Sunday.


IN WATERMELON SUGAR the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar. I'll tell you about it because I am here and you are distant.
Wherever you are, we must do the best we can. It is so far to travel, and we have nothing here to travel, except watermelon sugar. I hope this works out.
I live in a shack near iDEATH. I can see iDEATH out the window. It is beautiful. I can also see it with my eyes closed and touch it. Right now it is cold and turns like something in the hand of a child. I do not know what that thing could be.
There is a delicate balance in iDEATH. It suits us.
The shack is small but pleasing and comfortable as my life and made from pine, watermelon sugar and stones as just about everything here is.
Our lives we have carefully constructed from watermelon sugar and then travelled to the length of our dreams, along roads lined with pines and stones.
I have a bed, a chair, a table and a large chest that I keep my things in. I have a lantern that burns watermelontrout oil at night.
That is something else. I'll tell you about it later. I have a gentle life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home