Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I Love New York

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/nyregion/20051220_STRIKE_FEATURE/blocker.html?th&emc=th

This actually brought tears to my eyes. People in New York, having to walk for miles in sub freezing weather saying things like "It's not too bad" and "I don't mind it" and actually supporting the strikers.
"It's New York. Things happen"

I don't get any of the sense of entitlement that Californians seem to expect. Millions of people getting to work by foot, bike, carpooling with strangers in freezing weather, and they all take it in stride.
People even commenting on pleasant surprises; plenty of cabs, trains running on time, instead of complaining, they are finding the pony in the manure.

I guess if it goes on for weeks, it'll get old, but so far it's just another adventure. That's the only complaint, as long as it doesn't go on too long.

It is just one big neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home