Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Floods suck. Do we need one every year?

Yep, it's still raining and my field is now full of water. I definitely wrote too soon.
The water is not in the barn yet. I had to set up water for J's yearlings to drink as they can no longer get out of the barn to get to their water tank.

On the plus side, the peat fire is finally out.

So far everyone is still high and dry. I let the sheep into the small pasture as it's the highest part of that field. My old ewe had nice twin buck lambs. they all seem to be doing fine despite the conditions. However, the black ewe I got from Kathy had dead triplets.

I am thankful that I don't have a dairy anymore.

I want to start a fire just to get the dampness out of the house. It does seem to be getting a bit chillier; that would be good, as when it gets colder it should stop raining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home