Sunday, January 29, 2006

Metalwork and farmwork

Welcome home. Yesterday started with over an inch of rain, before lunch.
Fortunately it did stop and today it is not raining ( so far)

Friday night I started playing with my new welder. It was easy. It's cute. It's fun! It sticks pieces of metal together!
I made the ring for the bucket feeder holder. I don't have any strap iron, which I think would be best for the legs, so that project is on hold..

Yesterday I started working on my little trailer. I have to haul lambs to the butcher this week, so it would be nice if I actually had a vehicle..

I cut, and fitted a piece of angle iron for the first upright for the front of the trailer. I welded it on, which really went great. Of course I realised that in my excitement, I should have drilled the holes I needed before I welded that piece on.
Now I have cut the other upright and I am working on drilling the holes. My drill press is funky, so that needs some work. And I must need a harder bit as it took me FOREVER to drill just 2 holes ( I need 12 in each upright to hold the wooden horisontal slats).

Today I will start cutting and fitting the back uprights. I was planning on getting all fancy and making a slider door, but this trailer has no springs and no way I can see to put some on, so I will just get it working and start putting the fancy door on the next trailer.

Also yesterday, I had my first purebred doe kid of the season. Shock TT
had a big cream/ light red/ orange/ white/ tan buck and a dainty black doe. They are here in the house for the first few days. They slept through the night last night!
Another doe is due today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home