Thursday, March 16, 2006

Drowned rats

The rain just goes on and on and on.
We might get a break on Sunday at about 2:35.

Yesterday I ran to Fortuna for basic life errands; gas, bank, Thrift store, Dollar Store, hay, coffee, mouse traps.

A pretty uneventful day except for a surprise phone call I got in the afternoon from a local Lamancha breeder with a tempting offer.( and some local goat gossip); a long time breeder I really respect ( she always beats all of us in the show ring when she shows) but have little contact with. More news to come as it develops.
It was great to talk to someone new for a change, and exchange kidding experiences so far this winter and the crappy winter we are having. She is also having does kid a few days early, as well as having wild colors popping out! All of us Lamancha breeders seem to be having wild splashy colored kids this year.

I worked a bit more on the feeder, but now I need some steel so I'm stuck until I get some.
I have 2 does due to kid so I should scurry out.
Speaking of scurrying; no mouse but the bait was gone. I am concerned that it's a rat not a mouse EW!!!!

RAIN 0.55 today
0.91 inches last 24 hours.
8.77 inches this month.
47.69 inches seasonal (July - June)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home