Saturday, March 11, 2006

Well it is way cold here this morning. Cold cold as in everything is covered in thick frost. I think this is the hardest frost we have had in 3 years. It's a good thing my avocado plant is living inside.

Cold cold means no rain! It looks clear for now, and for a few days, but more rain is coming in on Monday or so, a warm rain which are the ones that pour down and drench. The water level has gone down significantly in my field, but it's still wet and soggy. I turned my colt out into the pasture finally, as there was enough grass not submerged that he might find something to eat and not turn what is available into a soggy muddy mess.
I saw Snakely actually out eating some grass yesterday. I can't remember when one of the does was actually grazing last. The bucks have had open pasture almost all along, as their pasture is the highest I have.

Amy is coming to milk test this morning, so I need to feed these inside babies and get out. I need to buy hay before I get to the ranch too. It's always a nice monthly visit with her, goatie type gossip and all.

Ted had first contact with the construction guy yesterday re: our house addition. So many people involved, it is a huge project, and the thought of having a bigger house is like a dream come true ( I often dream that we have another undiscovered room)
If the weather is going to be this crappy, the only way to be able to deal is if the inside space is big enough to do projects in. I am hopeful and optimistic. Hopefully by next winter....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home