Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I still have the headache. Today I will run out of sudafed and have to find some nore as it is the only drug that seems to touch this one.

Water receded yesterday, although very slowly and very little. It is fortunate that the rain has let up. It looks like it will be light for a week or so; hopefully it will be long enough to get me out of danger, and I will, for the 3rd ( or is it 4th) time this winter I will have to clean up the flood muck. I started last night sweeping the silty muck out of my barn while there was still some water in it as it's easier that way.

My committee had it's meeting last night; fortunately it was short. At this point, 5 years into this project, it's pretty much all in order, we have very little to discuss or change.

My sheep spent this last flood on the river dike, which was a good thing. Not that they were smart, just that they were grazing there when the water came up. I hadn't seen them in a day so I hiked through the water on Meridian Rd and found them across in another field. The water in the road was mid thigh, so needless to say I got water in my boots.
Abby was sent and she pushed the bunch back across the road into my field and I see I have a new set of lambs; balck and white twins. It was a good thing they rode the flood out high and dry, those lambs would have not had much of a good chance if they were born on the flat in the mud. I think these are my last lambs for this go round. I did see a ewe get bred a month or so ago, so I will have early lambs in the summer.

My babies here in the house are doing great, and soon I will have a dry spot to move them out to. The tiny Alpine was a bit stubborn yesterday about eating, but she woke hungry this morning and even did some goat antics in her tiny box. Out of Rosebud, I am calling her Rosebutton.

According to my brother's blog, my mother, whom I haven't spoken to in over 10 years, is going in for surgery today. This is nothing more than a bit of news for me, for in all this time I have never missed her, which says much about our "relationship".
My brother gets along with her fine, so for him and his family's sake, I hope all goes well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home