Friday, April 21, 2006

Here comes the rain again...

It looks like this lovely weather has come to an end. It's dark and windy this morning; the wind usually foretells more rain.

I did Fortuna errands yesterday, gas (ouch), bank, Thrift store, dollar store.
Before this rain I managed to get my side of the lawn mowed and a little start on Pat's side before I hit bad gas and the mower quit. I totally need to drain the tank and run some cleaner through it.

Rosasharn is looking like she's about ready to kid. I have never gotten a doe kid out of her, so I am extremely hopeful (anyone see a fall coming?). I have saved her last 2 bucks and used them as she is a lovely doe with a great smooth udder, so I am really hoping hoping for a doe.

The new Alpines have settled in nicely, but they still are a little on the jumpy/ whiny side especially at milking time. However, they come right to the gate and come straight in and jump on the stand, and last night not a hint of twitching or kicking.

Here are all 3 checking things out



T is on vacation for the week, I hope the weather isn't crappy for the whole time.
I am filling out and sending the first Show entry of the year. It's a buck show (no milkers!) in Southern Oregon, and my favorite for doing well is Winfield, Rosasharn's buck from last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home