Saturday, April 22, 2006

Well I have sent in my first show entry, and another is due within a week or 2. Then the next show is either the big big crazy show in Santa Rosa, or I skip it and then the next show is our own local show in Eureka. I'm already looking forward to the home show..
I had been conflicted all along about 2 yearling bucks; I really wanted to take both, but one (IMO) is much nicer than the other. I can't show both (I'm only one person) and getting another hand to help in a foreign show is sometimes not fun. I started to arrange help through the show secretary, who claimed all along that hep could be arranged, and I started to fill out my entry. Then I see that according to the guidelines set by this fair, the 2 bucks would be in different classes. Duh. Problem solved.
So I'll be taking 4 bucks, which is a handful, 2 breeds (1 Alpine). I need to start training them to lead, and get some clippage done.

After the dark windy start to yesterday, the clouds blew by without dropping any water on us. And today the sun is out, and I'll probably get the rest of the lawn mowed. 3.29 for gas..ouch.
I'll be riding my bike.

The new business idea that had such promise is on a roller coaster..
I did some calculations and it just didn't pay out. Now after being questioned, I might have been enough off in my math that there is a profit to be had.
More research to come...it's such a good idea..

We went to Arcata for dinner last night. The Plaza Grill was busy and loud, I enjoyed it as such a different atmosphere from my daily grind, but the menu was lacking. The sweet potato fries were quite yummy, however.

I might get to move some of these kids out today. It's time, and I need the barn space. I think some of them are so big as to be hard to lift out of their pen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home