Monday, April 24, 2006

A glorious sunny clear warm weekend was had by all.
Mud is drying! Fields are growing!

I spent Friday and Saturday mowing the lawn at the ranch. Doing Pat's side as well as my own is a pretty big job, I am thinking it might be 1/2 acre in total. Now it's done, but the way the grass is growing and the time of the year, I imagine it won't be 2 weeks before it needs to be mowed again.
Gas at 3.29 makes it an investment to run the lawnmower.

Yesterday I went to J's to bring her 2 yearling milkers and do goat stuff. We also planned our attack on the upcoming local Dairy Goat show.
On Saturday night she and M drove down to Santa Rosa to pick up a truckload of Alpine milkers, so now we are both in the Alpine breeding business. It's good to have someone else nearby to share bloodlines and stock. She also picked up a new buck.
It was such a nice day I think I got some sun just by standing outside talking and looking at the goats.

The BUck show is in less than 2 weeks. It's time to start getting them ready; trimming and some clipping and tattooing. I am not going to do wull body clips as the show has the chance of being cold and drizzly. I think I will do trim clipping and maybe if the weather warms some I might bathe them.

The tractor battery is on the charger and I hope to get that project going this week. I have much tractor work to do, and I need to get to it before the weeds get out of control.
Also, a burn pile fire is on order. Many uses for diesel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home