Monday, April 17, 2006

Plexiglass...

First of all I can't describe what it's like when the rain quits.
It was like a little vacation today. It didn't rain ALL DAY, and the sun was even out.
It was really like being somewhere else.

O K so the back lift up hatch of my truck cab has been broken for months. It came apart and the glass slipped out and broke.

Without the hatch it is pretty useless for hauling goats unless I tie them in there, which is a bit stressful, for both of us.
I had always imagined I'd patch it with a sheet of plywood, or a hog panel or something.
On planning my Boonville trip[ I started thinking seriously about how to rig it, when I thought about putting plexiglass in there.
I don't know why I didn't think of it before, except I have really never worked with plexiglass before, I knew nothing about it.

Well to make a long story short, I got the plexiglass, Dennis, the lumber yard guy ( also my neighbor) cut me a sheet,gave me some tips on how to cut it to fit, and even lent me a little jigsaw and some blades.

I cut it, I fit it and I almost had the whole thing put back together, but the pop rivets I had were too big, and by that time the store was closed.
I am shocked and awed that it went so well , and that it's going to go back together perfectly.

It'sd really fun having yet another material to work with. The metalworking has been such a blast...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home