Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sometimes, I even amaze myself.




The truck cap hatch is completely fixed.
Favorite tools: the saber saw and the pop rivet.

The key was the pop rivet.
Before I found the bottom bar, (I thought maybe I had thrown it away, hell knows why) Dennis and I were discussing how to hang the plexiglass in the frame, and he suggested drilling holes through the frame and the glass and using the pop rivet.

Later yesterday afternoon I found the bottom bar, and there was much rejoicing.

Looking at it I saw the reason why it had failed in the first place. Something learned; when you rebuild something you probably will find this out.
The pop rivets holding the frame together had sheared/ broken.

Pop rivets back in place, all rubber still holding the glass, the damn thing is fixed.

I am in awe of my powers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home