Monday, April 03, 2006

It's never going to stop raining. I don't remember the last day it didn't rain.
It's not raining RIGHT NOW, but it's still dripping from the trees, and it's cloudy, so...
We went screaming right past 50 inches of rain and we're almost at 52. If that doesn't sound like much to some of you, I'll point out that we have a rainy season; it doesn't rain at all for the summer months. So this is rainfall for only a part of the year. It all comes in the winter months.

I watched "Hotel Rwanda" yesterday. It was good to get the story right; the history of the conflict. It was pretty much all orchestrated by the Belgians from the very beginning. It was a good movie. A very good movie.
I'll blame the Schipperkes from now on.

Speaking of the pair of Satan's slippers, Brownie has been quite sick all weekend. We think she got into something nasty. As of last night, however, she seems to be alright. But her signature "WOO WOO" still hasn't returned.

I had been thinking about selling some of these does and as luck would have it I got a call yesterday from a previous buyer looking for a family milker. They bought 2 nice does from me last year, but never got the bred last fall so they want a milk supply.
I want to sell Triumph, but I thought her teat placement would make her hard to hand milk. So I hand milked her last night and she was fine! And, she had more milk than I thought. So she might leave tomorrow. This is also a line of does I might completely eliminate. I have sold all of the oldest does daughters as they were just not up to my standards. I'll give the old doe another chance, but then again, maybe I'll sell her too.
The people have neck tattoos.

I got tiles for the table mosaic project, and have glued and clamped the table. I worked out a pattern and took a picture, so now all I have to do is DO IT!
Maybe today.

Maybe they'll open Meridian Road today.
I need to buy gas...ouch.
I ran into the supposedly out of business dairy people from Hydesville; turns out they're still trying to do it.
A doe due Wednesday or so is starting to udder up.
My first show is only a month away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home