Monday, April 10, 2006

This post brought back my own memories of bath time in my grandparents house when I was very very small.
We all lived in this 3 big story house in Far Rockaway with ( New York)my grandparents; everyone. My mom and dad and me, my aunts and my uncle, my cousin. In my memory, the bathroom was HUGE! I can recall clearly the layout of the bathroom, the tile, the windows. Everything was SO big back then. I was about 2.
Getting out of the gigantic bathtub and being wrapped in a HUGE fluffy towel. Standing on the toilet being all bundled up and dried.

I can't believe how long ago that was.
And that half of the people that lived in that house with me are now gone.

When Josh and I went back for my Aunts memorial in 2004, we spread her ashes at the beach, just a few blocks from that house. Then we all ( we had a convoy) drove to the house and stopped and got out and looked. It looked the same. It was good to see it, old friend. It will probably outlast us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home