Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Yesterday I grouted and finished my first mosaic project. It came out fine, a little rough in some places, and I think the pattern was, well, bleh.
But for my first attempt it was fine and now it's done.

I'm planning on going up to Arcata today to help J on her dairy and get a kid from S C.

Last night on Jay Leno there was a piece on the Humboldt Ctabs! It was obviously filmed last summer as it was sunny. And dry. Both of which we haven't seen since last summer.

Unfortunately it was Arcata, which is the stereotype the rest of the country has of Humboldt County. That is not the way it is out here in dairy/ ranch land. Or anywhere else in the county for that matter. Arcata is a University town.

It's raining.
I have a doe due today and 2 due this weekend. My best Lamancha, Ms Man (Nifty) is due on the 14th, and she is huge. She has only had a single kid for the past 2 years, fortunately they were does. She hasn't been very prolifis with kids all her life, but dang she is big now. Time WILL tell..

I've been having vivid dreams the past 2 nights. Last night I dreamed about a gal who worked for me a few years back. She and her husband had a jersey dairy and last year they moved to Tillamook, Oregon to dairy there. Why did I dream about her?

I need to get goin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home