Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I can now understand why guys who restore vehicles are always tinkering. The job is never done.
I tore the wheel off the trailer so I could clean and paint the frame behind it before I put the fender on, and I see the frame needs sanding and wirebrushing. I know I didn't do much to the frame when I painted it last (2 years ago?).
As I start cleaning the frame behind the wheel I see more of the frame that could use a sanding/ smoothing out.
There is no end to it.
I wasn't planning on re painting the whole trailer frame on this go round, but it's hard for me to draw the line. The trailer needs to be finished in the next few days. If I stay the course I am almost done. But I keep seeing things I want to fix/ re do.

I reamed out the hole I needed to attach the new coupler and I got it installed. I need to weld the nuts on the bolts, as I'd rather not have the whole thing decide to come off while I'm driving.
I painted the frame behind the wheel ( after sanding and smoothing, still not to my complete satisfaction) and I'm waiting for it to dry and then I'll attach the first fender. It's a bit scary. I've decided to bolt it to the frame.

I bathed and clipped little Victory and as I suspected she's a completely different goat under all that hair. Also, she was covered with lice. ew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home