Friday, May 12, 2006

Water works.

Then, at the other end of the field is the ewe who just had the twin black lambs, dead. Just dead.
So now I am bottle feeding the 2 lambs. Fortunately they have taken right to the bottle.

Kia had triplets last night; two does and a buck. Good girl!. I need to come up with some good car names that start with W. Wagonneer?

The water guy called me this morning to tell me I still have a leak somewhere. Even though I turn my water off all the time I'm not there, I guess the faucet is still leaking and I have a leak somewhere. So I am not turning the water off at the meter, and I'll run a whole system check from one end to the other. Unfortunately there's a portion of the line that's under ground, and at one point runs under my road.
I might be able to diagnose the problem without digging, but if the leak is there, well, I'll be using that mattock I just got at a yard sale.
First, I'll build a little plug I can stick into all joints. I'll disconnect each line, plug it, and turn on the water and check the meter.
This will for sure find it, eventually.

Rick checked me out on the tractor for the summer this year. It's a Massey Ferguson with a cab. Darn, I was looking forward to some good tanning, and today would have been perfect to set down my base. However, it does have a radio, so it's a trade off.
As soon as I finish my coffee I have about 2 hours of mowing to do this afternoon.

Molly called me yesterday and she's coming over this weekend. She wants me to go with her to Petrolia tomorrow to check out some goats she is buying. That will be a fun trip.
Also, she's going to be showing a horse at Red Bluff at the fairgrounds next week, the same time I'll be there for the goat show. It would have been sad to have not known she was there and missed her. As she pointed out, however, if she saw goats, she would have looked for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home