Wednesday, May 10, 2006

In The Summertime

To me, summer starts on Kentucky Derby day. It feels like summer now, the days are long, even though it's not warm here in ever chilly land, the sun is out and the grass is growing. The swallows flying around my barn really give me the summer sense.

Today I clipped my first does of the season which always makes me feel like summertime.
Next weekend I travel to Red Bluff for the first doe show. I still am not set on which does are going, but the 2 I clipped today are for sure. The entry needs to be postmarked Friday.

The ball game is on which adds to my summer sense with it's sound.

Kia is due to kid any minute now, but she doesn't seem to be getting ready. My last does have gone well over their due date. With 2 does due on next weeks show day, I wouldn't mind if they missed their date.

I started working on my long perimeter fence this morning. The sheep have pretty much felted the wires together by running back and forth under them. I need to get the shearer here.
It actually looks to be a pretty easy fix. I'd like to put woven wire, but now the already high price has gone up considerably along with everything else.

My steel for my commissioned milk stand project should arrive tomorrow. After they waited 8 months for the one that was supposedly awarded to him, the family asked me to make one for them as they need to start clipping their does for the Memorial day show. Well, wouldn't you know, as soon as they made plans for me to build one, the awarded one was suddenly ready! What a surprise.
The family said to go ahead and build theirs for them anyway. I told them they could cancel, and I'd still build one and sell it, but they said to stay the course and they'll take mine too.
What a mess.
When people say they're going to do something, and then don't do it, there are unforseen consequences.

I think I'll nap now to the sound of the baseball game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home