Friday, May 19, 2006

No, not done yet.

It started raining early this morning. I didn't think our rain was done for the year, not quite yet. Anyway, when the hay starts getting cut, it always gets rained on, a little.

So my trip to Red Bluff this weekend looks like it will be cool and rainy. All goats are clipped except old Misty and I think at this point, she's going to stay unclipped. Everyone else will get blanketed.

My little trailer project has gone so well, but there is no end to what I want to do with it. For now, it's mostly ready for the trip. I'm going to tarp the top and maybe put my little 2 month old in a crate. A few details like welding the coupler on and putting the gate back on and it's race ready.



I've had a few undesirable social contacts this week and I hope I've seen the end of them. Last night when we got to the ranch at about 10 there were people parked at Pat's house and wansdering around the house in the dark with a flashlight. When confronted, they actually started to defend their actions. "There's an ad in the paper" uh, well "we asked someone and they said it might be this house".
Great, I really need people crawling around my ranch in the dark when there's no one for a mile in any direction. Time to make sure I have ammo.

Also, my freaks of neighbors finally decided, after 3 years, to get their sheep sheared. I had called the shearer for my sheep and had not gotten a call back, so when I saw his truck I stopped to talk to him. He immediately came over to me, looking quite tired and older (he's not a young man) and apologozed for not calling me; I already knew he was busy as the reason Molly was here last weekend was for his step daughter's bridal shower...ANyway..
He's rolling his eeyes at these sheep, huge and fat and wooly. I asked if he might need some help and he sure didn't say no. I would do anything for him, but my neighbors I would leave by the side of the road.
The neighbors are all old women, so I knew there was no way they'd be able to catch these sheep and get them to C M to shear, so I helped. But I made sure they knew I was HELPING them. I even, at one point, held back and let one of the ladies TRY to do it herself, and as I stepped back to let her, she looks at me and says "Could you HELP me?". I love to make em beg. Just to let her know I was doing her a FAVOR.
And, as soon as I was don, handing that last sheep to CM, I said "see ya next Thursday Charlie", and I said goodbye and left. I have no interest in being social with them, I had no interest in even talking with them while Cm sheared either, even though they were trying to be interested and quizzing me. Don't talk to me you insane idiots.

Here's the before with those buzzards on the fence. I have lived here 10 years, and the 2 family members who own the ranch have been the most miserable neighbors you could ask for without actually being armed and on drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home